Free High Resolution Mac Webcam Software:
The new software that runs the Kitskam is now available for you for free. This software is quite simple. It takes photos and uploads them to the internet. This application is useful if you want to run a high resolution webcam like the Kitskam… Or if you want to be able to generate timelapses with a DSLR. Or if you just to upload high resolution images to the web on a recurring basis.
What can you do with it?
Or you can make fun timelapses with it like this:
You’ll need a few things to run this:
- Mac OSX 10.5 or above.
- A DSLR or digital camera that supports PTP.
- An amazon s3 account. (free to sign up pay as you go bandwidth)
- An ac/power cable for your camera. (you can run off battery but it won’t last long…)
This software is brand new so there is no guarantee it will work on your configuration. Also if it breaks your stuff please don’t sue me.
- Setup your camera.
- Connect your camera via USB to your mac.
- Download the .dmg file.
- Mount the .dmg by double clicking on it.
- Drag the kitskam application to your applications folder.
- Launch the application.
- Fill out the preferences pane with your settings/s3 info.
- Click the capture button.
the .dmg icon
the install screen
the Kitskam application icon in the applications folder
the first run notification
the preferences pane
the actual application itself
Some features we may or may not add in future include:
- Basic FTP support
- Ability to specify exact scaling resolutions
If anyone wants the source code for this we’ve put that online as well. You can access that here: http://github.com/abiggerdog/kitskam
If you need any more information on this leave a comment below or contact kitskam on gmail.